Friday, August 29, 2008

Not to play

So I prayed about it and decided that i shouldn't play volleyball. I mean it's ok and all but I much prefer basketball. In Volleyball there are a lot of picky rules. In basketball it's basically don't hit anybody too hard and don't move your feet when you're not dribbling. Pretty easy if you ask me. With Volleyball there are these rules about how you have to hit the ball, how many times you can hit the ball, where exactly you should be on the court, and a bunch of other nit picky rules. Everyone said i was good for never having had played before. But I think they were just trying to be nice.


Last nights game(s?) didn't go so well. We lost 3 times in a row. The first set was the best one. Savanna is a really good setter. She is also the only setter on both the middle school and high school teams. I think she is also the shortest person on both teams. But she also has a killer serve. But besides her only Elaina and Kensi on the high school team knew what they were doing. The rest of us didn't know what was going on half the time. Taylor HAS to play volleyball this year because Elaina made a deal with her: if she would play volleyball Elaina would play 3 games of paintball. Taylor came up with that. After last night she was wishing she had made Elaina promise to play more. She hates volleyball. She is a basketball type of person. Thankfully she is also playing bball for us.


I cannot wait until basketball starts! It's my second to last year to play. I just can't believe I'm almost a Senior. It seems like just yesterday I was a Freshman. Every thing is just going by so quick. It reminds me of that verse in Psalm that says " Every man's life is but a breathe." How very true. In two years I will probably be starting college. I will probably have to find a part-time job that pays at least minimum wage. ( sorry Uncle Steve but i can't stay at the flower shop forever!) I'll probably still live at home though. I want to go to AC before i go to a big university. And when i do go to a big university I want to go where Courtney is going(sorry Aunt Laura & Mom! I can't stay at home forever!) . Unless of course God tells me to go somewhere else. Which is highly possible. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: