So this year I am a senior in high school. How weird is that? Time seems to be moving faster the older I get. In 24 days I turn 18 and become an "adult." Some how I don't think I am going to be very a good adult for my first year. I'm pretty sure I'll still act like a teenager.
In a way I miss being a kid. I could just play around and do whatever popped into my head with my friends. I watched a video I, my brother and my cousins made a little while ago. I miss those days when Courtney and I would put our heads together and come up with crazy sketch ideas that we would video. It was so much fun. But now it feels as if those days have passed me by, even though that was only back in April. It seems much longer than that some how.
I know the future isn't going to be all bad. I know God has some pretty good things in store for me. And I am looking forward to those. I just am realizing that I'm never going to be a kid again. and I feel like i'm losing something in that. Some form of innocence, of curiosity, of wonder at the world around me. When you become an "adult" you are required to start thinking "logically." You have to face facts and deal with those facts. There is not much wonder and mystery in paying bills.
I just don't want to those that sense of wonder and mystery that I get from the world around me. It makes me think of that verse in the Bible where Jesus says we have to become like children to enter the kingdom of heaven. I think he said that because we have to have faith in God to do things we can't see or understand. Children are good at believing and having faith without asking questions. I want that kind of faith.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Well Dear, just because you turn 18 and become an "Adult" doesn't mean you have to stop being a teenager. The world doesn't expect you to suddenly be so mature, Maturity is something that has to be acquired over time don't expect it to happen all at once. Shoot some people never acquire enough maturity to be considered an adult. But i know how you feel. one day your playing in the dirt and the next you have to make decisions that can affect the rest of your life. And all you can do is sit back and wonder where all that time went. Your right we should strive to be more child like in our faith, we spend too much of our adult life and our walk with God looking at it all logically. It is about time we stepped out and became a little more child-like in our faith. Thanks for the reminder. :)
Post a Comment