Monday, October 27, 2008

D-Now and Thoughts on Marriage

D-Now was really good this weekend. I learned a lot. The whole weekend was about purity, Joel was the speaker. He did a very good job I thought. It really made me think. On Friday night we washed each others feet. It was awesome! Robbie went around and washed every ones feet and then he gave us the opportunity to wash each other's feet. It was soo cool!

We had our church fall festival on Sunday so all the youth group worked it. That was our mission for the weekend. It was really cold. So Brittney and I were shivering because we were doing tattoos. Our hands were really cold from putting them in the water. But other than that it was a good weekend.

I got to see Courtney on Sunday. It's been fun having her live with us. I'm so glad she came. She is doing OK on the bball team. She just has to get in shape and she'll be awesome.

Lately everyone (well not everyone but quite a few people) have been teasingly telling me that in 5 or 10 years I'm going to marry this one guy. They are teasing me and being serious at the same time. But I don't think I will. Just because somebody finds you interesting doesn't mean that you have enough of a relationship to base the rest of your life together on. That's Disney movie thinking. Granted it would be hilarious if I wound up marrying him, but I don't think it's going to happen. I mean God may plan for me to marry someone else. I'm only 17 and while it would be nice to know who I'm going marry, God doesn't work like that. I think that if we knew in advance, we wouldn't grow into the people we need to be. If we already knew everything we were going to go through, there would be no point of living. If you think about it, life would be very boring. So God knew what He was doing when he made us to live in the present only.

So I think for now I'm just going to be friends with boys. There's no point in getting too emotionally involved at this age. It's just a waste of time and energy, that could be spent on better things. Like doing what God wants me to do. I need to focus on that right now.

1 comment:

Courtney G. said...

Your Right. Unfortunatly :P