I've been thinking about a lot of stuff recently. Today I have been 17 for a month but I still don't feel any different than when I was 16. It's kind of funny because I remember thinking when I was 13 or 14 that I was so much smarter than other teenagers. That I knew more about life and what I was going to do. That I wasn't going to have the same problems as other teenagers. Now that I'm 17 I've discovered that I've pretty much gone through the same temptations and had the same problems as other teen girls, even with guys.
When I was younger I always told myself that I wasn't going to be boy crazy like all those other teenage girls. I wasn't going to waste my time thinking about a dumb boy. And for the most part I wasn't boy crazy. I mean I would like someone every now and then but I wouldn't ever talk to them or acknowledge that I liked them.
But It's like as soon as I turned 16 BAM! I started noticing guys more. I started thinking about them excessively. And I'm still doing that. It's annoying. I want to go back to the attitude I had before. Which was that I wouldn't even think about guys until college. I know I need to spend more time thinking about God and not guys. It's hard to control our thoughts though. My verse for the week is 2 Corinthians 10:5 " We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." I want to be able to live that out. I want people to be able to look and me and know that I'm not all caught up in drama or realationships. But for now that's not true. I may not be caught up like other girls are, but I still struggle with my thoughts. Having to memeorize a verse every week is starting to help though. I think that I am changing, it's just taking longer than I want it to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I know what you mean, I've got the same thing going on. But you do know that Rome wasn't built in a day, change takes time don't rush through it, you won't get as much out of it if you do.
Post a Comment