Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What I think of Rules

Well being a type D personality I like having rules. Rules keep things orderly and neat. They keep people from hurting themselves and others. Rules keep the universe in order. Rules are necessary. But in order for rules to work properly they have to be wise rules. Most of our rules or laws in America (the basic laws in the constitution anyway) are based off God's rules found in the Bible. God made those laws to keep us safe and to help us understand that we are not perfect. God's laws also remind us to not hurt others and be selfish.

Not all rules or laws are good though. There are some that people have come up with and enforced just to inflict suffering on their fellow man or to make things better for themselves with no regard for other people.

Most people do not like rules because rules make them feel restricted. They do not like feeling cooped up or restrained. They want to do want they want, when they want. Some people do not like rules because they do not like being told what to do. Some people do not follow the rules because they do not care about other people, they just want money. Those people normally end up in jail.

I like rules because they tell me what I need to and why. Rules make me feel safe, that is why I like them.

No comments: